Filed under: News. Tagged as: App Store, Features.
Today Apple approved Wiki Edit version 1.7 for distribution world-wide in the App Store.
- Upload images from your photo library and camera roll
- New “Upload” option in Wiki menu
- Network failures no longer result in lost edits.
- Tapping “Cancel” while saving or previewing will return to the editing screen with your changes intact. Helps recover from stalled or dropped connections and unresponsive servers.
- iOS 5.x support added
- iPad 3rd gen support added
- Better memory management using ARC
- Fixed missing activity spinners on load/save/preview operations
- Fixed missing HTTP: from some Wikipedia pages and forms
Some Wikipedia sites now use an “Upload Wizard” which does not work on iPad. Try using the upload option from the Wiki Edit menu instead. That will by-pass the wizard and upload directly using the MediaWiki upload page. You may need to go in and add Wikipedia specific file ownership information after the upload.
I’d like to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions on earlier versions of Wiki Edit. Please keep them coming.
If you have questions about Wiki Edit, you can:
Read the Wiki Edit Guide
Read the Wiki Edit FAQ
You can get updates from Wiki Edit on your Facebook or Twitter account.